Just received an email in NUS email account :
..
Dear Students Beyond academic excellence, we are looking for students with a BIG heart, WARM smile and KIND deeds, someone who inspires others with his/her simple acts of courtesy and kindness. The Friend of Singa Award aims to complement the University’s efforts in inculcating courteous behavior amongst its students. The Award is open to all NUS students.
.
…..
…..
…..
.
Best regards
.
NUS Students’ Kindness Movement Interest Group (SKMIG)
.
This reminds me that - HEY I WON THAT REWARD BEFORE~!
.
~Haha~
.
It's 9 years ago...
I won the SINGA award in my secondary school and became the MOST COURTEOUS student in the school.
Hehe I even went up the stage to collect my award from our Principal .
Okie frankly I dont look that happy and excited when I was on the stage to receive my award.
Instead, I think i looked damn paiseh and weird when i was up there, standing in front of thousand of kids while one teacher was singing praises of me (><) haha
TOTALLY NO IDEA THAT I am going to get this award that day.
Suddenly the teacher just said:" Today we are goin to give out an award to one of our courteous students voted by several teachers. She is none other than Xu XXXXX from class XEX. (My name), please come up to the stage now''
Deng...Deng~ WHat the.....whats the hell is that award?
Haha...I just went up the stage, walked thru all my friends, giving me a weird look...
Not that they dont believe that I'm courteous (OF COS I AM!!! haha) but they also have no idea what the award is about.
Being courteous can also got an award and go in front of stage to receive it during assembly???
Then I knew its some sort of award by the dont know what BOARD to promote courteousy among students.
When I was standing up there, i was wondering...how the school/teachers know how courteous I am?
I greet the teachers like everyone else did
I said sorry when I bang onto someone like most people did
I helped teachers to carry books back to staffroom like most students did
But why me?
Dont tell me they spy me in bus and see me giving off seats to the needy? Saw me helped old people to carry their heavy rice back to somewhere near their house?
Okie.. as the teacher was saying why the award was given to me..I knew why.
Mainly is because I spent almost my whole June holiday in school library helping a very fussy (hope she wont see this) librarian in-charge to arrange thousand of books.
She is just like an artist (艺术家)looked at the books in a particular position, then gave me a Hmmm-the-feeling-is not-right look and asked me to bring the books to another shelf.
After shifting, if lucky she would say thank you :); if unlucky, well the Hmmm-the-feeling-is not-right look would appear on her face again. And I had the patience to help her for the whole month.
In fact, there should be at least 10 gals from my class helping out, but in the end I think only left me alone helping cos everyone just cant tahan her.
Actually I dont find her fussy at all back then, cos I feel that well those books absolutely deserve a nice and suitable place for them, and it will be easier for students to search for them. So I just spent my precious june holiday happily in the library working as free-labor.
This is the SINGA AWARD - wonder if its real gold...HAHA
Anyway, being courteous should not expect any return. But I think I should get most patience award rather than courteous.
A few courteous things I always DO:
Say sorry when bang into someone although the BLIND person is the other and not me.
Let the people in the MRT train out first before stepping into the train
Give seat to the needy (although sometime they just took it for granted)
These are just very simple things
.
that can make Singapore
.
a better place.


4 comments:
hehe, if i was your classmate then, i would vote for you also~~:)
I have to say that your blog is really fun~~~:)
Haha THANKS huahua...you're so sweet....well you can alway vote for me now...HAHA KIDDING LAR~!
Oooo..thanks thanks a lot for your comment...SO HAPPY NOW...haha
Hope your project is doing good!!!!
i am her classmate and always still wan to be her friend.. she is this great!
thank you Devilife*C haha..muack!
(er xin...haha)
Post a Comment